Well, it’s not Memorial Day, and it’s not quite Amazon Prime Day (that’s coming July 15), but that doesn’t mean there aren’t a ton of sales around for the Fourth of July. It’s easy to ignore some of the killer savings available this extended weekend. So, to make sure you get the biggest bang for your buck this Fourth of July, we’ve scoured the internet and collected some of the best sales and deals.
The first of which is one of our own. For the Fourth of July you can get one full year of WIRED Magazine and/or ad-free unlimited web access for $5. Subscribing directly supports the original reporting we do. Your login will work on-site and in the Google News and Apple News apps, among other places.
Updated Saturday, July 6: We updated pricing, added some deals, and struck out or cut some sold-out deals for the weekend. Originally published July 4.
Note: When you buy something using the retail links in our stories, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Read more about how this works.
Home & Kitchen
The Fourth of July is the time to buy major (and minor) appliances. Who knew? Best Buy, Home Depot, and Lowe’s are cutting prices on everything from refrigerators all the way down to teeny-tiny Instant Pots.
- iRobot Roomba for $280 ($70 off): This is one of the best robot vacuums on the market.
- Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 Quart for $51 ($29 off): Instant Pots are all the rage, and if you’re curious about all the hype, this Duo Mini 3 Quart model is a great place to start, especially at this price.
- Insignia Digital Air Fryer for $60 ($40 off): Air frying is either one of the best kitchen innovations in years or kind of awful, depending on who you ask. Either way, this Best Buy air fryer is a cheap way to decide if air frying is for you.
- KitchenAid Classic Plus Stand Mixer for $200 ($160 off): Aptly named, the KitchenAid Classic is just that: a timeless classic mixer. Even if you don’t do much making, these stand mixers are heirloom-quality and will last a lifetime.
- Frigidaire Three-Door Fridge for $1,400 ($715 off): Simple, understated, and solid, this Frigidaire refrigerator has a few bells and whistles but mostly keeps things simple and sleek. No firmware updates to worry about, no privacy concerns—just a good old-fashioned refrigerator. Lowe’s and Home Depot also have this deal. If you don’t want an ice maker, check out this Samsung fridge ($1,100, $500 off).
- Samsung Family Hub Smart Fridge for $2,100 ($600 off): If you need a little more performance out of your fridge, the Samsung Family Hub is a good place to start, though it is the kind of refrigerator that gets firmware updates, for better and worse (mostly better). With a big touch screen designed to serve as, well, a hub for your whole family, the Samsung Family Hub refrigerator is the quintessential smart refrigerator. Lowe’s also has this deal and Best Buy has it for $2,200.
Tablet, Computer, and Apple Deals
- Surface Pro 6 + Type Cover for $800 ($260 off): The Surface Pro is an excellent middle ground between a laptop and an iPad-style tablet. It offers full Windows 10 functionality in a sleek and adaptable form factor—and as our review mentions, amazing battery life.
- Apple Watch Series 3 GPS for $199 ($80 off): The Apple Watch Series 3 offers tons of health and activity tracking functionality, and it’s still one of the best-looking smartwatches on the market. Read our review to see if it’s right for you.
- Apple iPad 32 GB for $249 ($80 off): It’s not the biggest or fanciest iPad available, but Apple’s classic 32-GB model offers solid performance at a reasonable price. Check out our iPad guide to see if this is the right choice for your needs.
- Dell G3 15-inch Gaming Laptop for $950 ($300 off): This Dell laptop is ready for some hardcore gaming. It has 16 GB of RAM, a 8th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, a Nvidia GeForce 1050 Ti graphics card, and a 256 GB solid-state drive drive with a 1-terabyte SATA drive for extra storage.
- Dell Inspiron Gaming Desktop for $900 ($450 off): This Dell desktop is ready for any game—virtual reality too, if you’re into that. It has 16 GB of RAM, an AMD Ryzen 7 2700X processor, an AMD Radeon RX 580 graphics card, and a 256 GB SSD with a 1-terabyte hard drive for extra storage.
- HP Omen Desktop for $1,100 ($400 off): If you’re looking to step up your game, the HP Omen desktop is a great place to start. With a stylish exterior and good overall gaming performance, it’s a steal at this price.
Every one of our favorite foam and hybrid box mattresses are on sale during the Fourth of July. We’re featuring a few here, but please do check out the guide to learn more and find a mattress that suits your needs and budget.
- The Allswell Queen Hybrid Mattress for $293 ($52 off): Use code FIREWORKS at checkout for the discount. The Allswell is our favorite budget mattress. Unlike cheapo contenders we tried like the AmazonBasics mattress and some by Zinus, the Allswell has individually-wrapped coils inside it. It felt as nice as mattresses two to four times as expensive.
- Tuft and Needle Mint Queen Mattress for $945 ($200 off): The Mint is an odd mattress at first. It’s incredibly soft and cooling up top, but under that layer of soft foam are more that offer great support and pressure relief. It’s one of the coolest and most supportive mattresses we’ve tried.
Headphone and Audio Deals
Rounding out the Surface line, the new $349 Surface Headphones can summon Cortana and auto-pause audio when you take them off.
- Surface Headphones for $250 ($100 off): Sleek, stylish, with great sound, Microsoft’s Surface headphones are a great deal at this price. Read our review for all the details.
- Astro A10 Nintendo Switch Headset for $60 ($10 off): A special edition for those Breath of the Wild lovers out there (and let’s be honest, who isn’t?), Astro’s A10 headset is a good, solid all-around pair of no-frills wired headphones. They even made it onto our list of the best gaming headsets on the market. They’re one of the only sets that will connect to a Switch and a phone. Nintendo requires both for voice chat in many games.
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Headset for $285 ($45 off): Speaking of the best headsets, the SteelSeries Arctis Pro is the best wireless gaming headset we’ve used.
- Bose SoundSport In-Ear Earbuds for $49 ($50 off): When it comes to audio design, Bose has a peerless reputation. These earbuds aren’t going to replace your full-size headphones anytime soon, but they do offer surprisingly robust sound in a small package, and at this price they’re tough to resist.
- Amazon Echo Dot + Smart Plug for $40 ($35 off): The Echo Dot is a great entry into Amazon’s ecosystem, and since it’s on sale, why not pair it with an AmazonBasics smart plug, which also connects to Alexa and lets you turn any appliance on or off with your voice.
TV and Gaming Deals
Vizio E-Series TV
- Xbox One X for $499 ($50 off): As Microsoft is quick to point out, the Xbox One X is the most powerful gaming console on the market; paired with a good 4K TV, it offers your eyeballs a truly lavish gaming experience. This version isn’t discounted from the normal price, but it comes with a free second controller.
- Vizio 50-inch 4K HDR TV for $280 ($148 off): Vizio has made a name for itself over the past few years as a purveyor of stylish yet affordable flat-panel TVs and this one is no exception. This one isn’t quite as nice as the E Series and P Series that top our TV recommendations, but at this price it just has to have good picture quality, and it does. The 65-inch model ($450, $248 off) and this 70-inch E-Series ($778, $520 off) are also on sale. We also recommend you pick up a Roku. Like most TV makers, Vizio’s onboard streaming apps are not great.
These outdoors deals are from Backcountry and other sources. Be sure to check our picks from REI’s huge 4th of July Sale. Those deals won’t last through the weekend, unfortunately.
Find More Fourth of July Sales
These deals are just the tip of the iceberg. Below you’ll find even more sales to browse at your leisure this Fourth of July weekend.
More Great WIRED Stories
social experiment by Livio Acerbo #greengroundit #wired https://www.wired.com/story/best-fourth-of-july-deals-2019