Even if you don’t have epic plans to Kerouac your way around the nation, we all need more memory for our devices and can never have too many charging cables. Most of us have also wrestled with slow hotel Wi-Fi enough to appreciate the value of a good Ethernet dongle.
If an item is no longer at its deal price or sold out, we
cross it out. Deal prices sometimes return and items come back in stock faster than we can update, so it never hurts to check for yourself.
Note: When you buy something using the retail links in our stories, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Read more about how this works.
WIRED’s Prime Day Coverage
Chargers, Adapters, and Smart Plugs
Life on the road sometimes means spotty access to power and networks. These power packs help you stock up on energy when it’s available so you have it when it’s not.
- RavPower 22,000 mAh Portable Battery for $33 ($8 off): RavPower makes quality batteries, and this one is big enough to charge your phone, tablet, and probably your laptop. It’s a great backup to take on road trips or wherever you go.
- TP-Link Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug for $12 ($5 off): If you’re just dipping your toes in the smart home waters this plug makes a low-cost, low-stakes entry point. Just plug it in and you can control whatever’s plugged into it with a yelp.
- RavPower 4-Port USB Wall Charger for $14 ($3 off): If you’re headed anywhere for the night, it helps to have all your chargers plugged into one wall outlet. This one should work well with most everything you have.
- TP-Link USB-3-to-Ethernet Adapter for $8 ($14 off): The next time you try to use hotel Wi-Fi you’ll be glad you bought this adapter. Yes, wireless is everywhere, but fast wireless is not.
- Travel Cable Organizer for $13 ($4 off): Stop digging through your bag searching for the right cable. This organizer keeps all your cables, adapters, dongles, and even a mouse neat and tidy.
Memory to Store Memories
Memory isn’t all that exciting, but admit it, you can never have enough. This year’s Prime Day has some good deals on SD cards of all shapes and sizes, hard drives, and dual USB sticks. Expand the storage capacity of your phone, Twitch, or other device with these deals.
Other Helpful Accessories
Lifestraw water filter
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filter for $10 ($8 off): Whether you’re camping, hiking, or traveling internationally, a light, small, portable, and packable water filter can save your life (or at least save you from a night or two of terrible tummy trouble). This is a great price for a water filter that doesn’t require any batteries and won’t make your water taste weird.
- Trtl Travel Pillow 2-Pack for $43 ($12 off): Whether it’s on sale or not, the TRTL pillow is worth it, according to WIRED editor Arielle Pardes. It’s a great way to get some sleep on a plane.
- BackBeat Pro 2 Noise Canceling Headphones for $132 ($68 off): The BackBeat Pro aren’t the absolute greatest noise cancelers on the market, but they have excellent battery life, silence some of that travel noise, and are wonderful to wear while you’re walking around. The earcups twist in a way that lets them rest comfortably on your shoulders when you take them off.
- Kindle Paperwhite for $85 ($45 off): The Kindle Paperwhite lets you read at the pool, beach, and hotel bathtub without fear. The display is flush, and the device is rated IPX8, meaning it can sit in 2 meters of water for two hours. It also comes with three free months of Kindle Unlimited, Amazon’s Netflix-style book subscription, and you get a $5 ebook credit. You can also get the standard Kindle for $60 ($30 off). Read more about the differences here.
Check our Amazon Prime Day Page for more coverage and deals.
More Great WIRED Stories
social experiment by Livio Acerbo #greengroundit #wired https://www.wired.com/story/amazon-prime-day-2019-travel-tech-essentials