Note: When you buy something using the retail links in our stories, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Read more about how this works.
Laptops, Phones, and Accessories Deals
- TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator for $88 ($28 off): If a class requires you to have a graphing calculator, it’s because you’re really going to need it. Let this deal be a little bit of a balm for your initial sticker shock. (And don’t worry, you can totally play games on it.)
- LG G8 ThinQ 128 GB Unlocked for $500 ($350 off): This is a great phone, and even better at a low price. It’s also got fancy gesture controls, if you’re into that. Just make sure to get a case with it. It can be a little slippery.
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 (Intel i5, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB) for $799 ($200 off)): We like the keyboard and battery life of this ultralight laptop, but thought it was a tad on the expensive side. Now’s a great chance to get it for a more reasonable price.
- Lenovo Yoga 730 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop for $650 ($200 off): We really like this bendy laptop’s big sibling, the C930. This is a more middle-of-the-road option, but the $200 price cut makes it a solid bargain. Just make sure you get one that has an actual keyboard.
- SanDisk 1 TB Portable USB SSD for $167 ($150 off): If you need external storage, chances are you need it to be portable, too. This slim solid state driver has a ton of space and can fit right in your pocket.
- Apple iPad 128 GB for $329 ($100 off): It can be tricky to figure out which iPad you should actually buy, but the extra storage on this one makes it a great pick. Apple Pencil support and long battery life make this a decent laptop substitute.
Audio, Home, and Camera Deals
- Bose QC35 II Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones for $299 ($50 off): Whether you’re riding the bus or trying to get some much needed shut-eye in a dorm, it’s nice to be able to drown out the sound of everything but what you want to hear. These are some of our absolute favorite wireless headphones, even if they are a little bulky.
- JBL Charge 4 Portable Speaker for $120 ($30 off): Sometimes you want to blast your music for everyone else to hear, too. With 20 hours of battery life and a waterproofed exterior, the Charge 4 prepares you for that underwater dance party you’ve been wanting to throw. It isn’t on our list of Best Bluetooth Speakers, but we’ve used it and like it a lot, especially its ability to network with other JBL speakers.
- Digital Microscope with Flexible Arm Observation Stand for $34 ($6 off): Get a closeup view of the micro universe with this handy digital microscope. It works with Windows, Mac, and Linux. Make sure to check the coupon box below the price in order to get the discount.
- Sceptre 50-Inch 4K TV or $210 ($190 off): Upgrade from your high-def to ultra-high-def on the cheap with this 4K TV. The sound might not be the best, but it’s about on par with other modern TVs. Luckily, a good soundbar is pretty affordable.
- Ampulla Bedside Lamp, Bluetooth Speaker, Wireless Charger for $90 ($50 off): Here’s a strange one. We haven’t tried this lamp, but we want to now. This hybrid bedside table is supposed to charge your phone, dim your lights, and blast your music. Just maybe don’t balance a glass of water on there. It’s available at Amazon, as well.
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 70 Instant Camera for $50 ($13 off): This is our pick for the best value in instant cameras. On sale, it’s a no-brainer, and available in several colors, all of them rad.
- Canon Pixma iP110 Portable Photo Printer for $149 ($100 off): It’s all about the form factor here. This slim color printer will be a slick fit in a dorm or classroom. It’s also on sale at Amazon.
Back-to-School Sales Around The Web
Don’t see something you need? Check our back-to-school sales from a few of our favorite retailers:
More Great WIRED Stories
social experiment by Livio Acerbo #greengroundit #wired https://www.wired.com/story/back-to-school-sales-2019