Retailers love to throw the term “Black Friday” around a lot—a whole lot. From Black Friday marketing emails hitting your inbox mid-January to the “Black Friday in July” sales that hover around Amazon Prime Day, it’s easy to think that Black Friday lasts all year long. Those emails and sales are deceptive, but they do get one thing right: Black Friday isn’t just one day anymore.
In fact, it’s not even two days. Some stores start selling items at Black Friday prices the first week of November, and others kick off their Black Friday sales the Monday before Thanksgiving. Arbitrary holidays like Cyber Monday (the Monday after Thanksgiving), Green Monday, and Free Shipping Day keep the whole deal-fest going for weeks.
So yes, Black Friday deals are already taking over, but not all of them are that great. We’ve gathered up a list of early deals that are actually worth your time and money. The items listed below are at or very close to advertised Black Friday prices, so if any are on your holiday shopping list, you might be able to get a head start.
Updated November 27: The update you see below will be the last update to this list. On November 28, we’ll start covering Black Friday deals as they go live. We updated a new Sega Genesis Mini price drop, added a few new deals, and removed an expired cookbook deal.
WIRED’s Black Friday Coverage, So Far
When you buy something using the links in our stories, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Here’s how it works. You can also support our reporting and reviewing by purchasing a 1-year print + digital WIRED subscription for $5 (Discounted).
- Echo Show 8 for $100 ($30 off): Amazon’s newest Echo Show began shipping November 21. It has a screen about the size of an iPad Mini.
- Apple AirPods Pro for $235 ($15 off): This deal has been going in and out of stock, so if it isn’t available when you check, circle back to see if it’s on sale again. These are Apple’s newest AirPods, and overall, we really like them. We like them a lot.
- 1More Stylish True Wireless Earbuds for $65 ($34 off): Use coupon code WIRED to get the discount. These are our favorite wirefree earbuds. They have great battery life, and the design keeps them comfortable for every user. We did a full writeup of this deal here.
- Tile Sticker 4-Pack + Free Echo Dot for $60 ($50 off): Tile Stickers are awesome for the absentminded. Use them in conjunction with the smartphone app or Alexa to track down lost keys, wallets, phones, and more.
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro for $149 ($100 off): This video doorbell lets you see who is at the door. It works in conjunction with smart displays like the aforementioned Echo Show, too. Ring offers convenience but has had its share of problems, partially due to a partnership with law enforcement. Read more about the Amazon-owned company here.
- Target’s TV Sale: Prices and savings vary in this sale, but most of the prices are either a match of Target’s Black Friday ad prices, or they come close. Brands like TCL and Samsung are included. A Target REDcard will get you another 5 percent off.
- Bose Home Speaker 300 for $199 ($60 off): This home speaker has Alexa built in and has never sold for less. We included this speaker’s big brother in our roundup of the best smart speakers, and the 300 performs nearly as well.
- UE Boom 2 for $70 ($110 off): This speaker used to sell for more than $150 and was our favorite Bluetooth speaker for several years. The Boom 3 now leads our picks, but this one is still great. It’s loud, water-resistant, and quite portable. The Boom 2 regularly sells for closer to $100. This discount is still a great one, beating previous deals we’ve shared by $10.
- Amazon devices for as low as $30: Amazon’s pre-Black Friday offers start with slashed prices on its own gear. Some of these items will drop in price again next week, but the Fire Tablet deals and Kindle Paperwhite are down to the lowest we’ll see.
- Google Shopping Black Friday Deals: Google Shopping has some great deals available on everything from Apple laptops to KitchenAid stand mixers. Each discount requires that you use a unique promo code, which you’ll find next to the product listing, but the selection is vast.
social experiment by Livio Acerbo #greengroundit #wired https://www.wired.com/story/early-black-friday-deals-2019