Father’s Day is tomorrow, which means if you’re still looking for a gift, you’ll want to check out the last-minute Father’s Day deals we scrounged and our Father’s Day gift ideas guide we published a few weeks ago. Don’t worry, we hear dads don’t mind a slight delivery delay. Whether you’re looking for more options for Dad or something for yourself, today we’ve rounded up the best deals we could find this weekend, including a heck of a lot of discounted gear from Apple and Amazon.
Apple and Amazon Deals
- Apple iPad for $330 ($99 off): The 10.2-inch iPad is the best Apple tablet for most people. With support for the Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard (both separate purchases), it’s an affordable iPad you can use to do nearly anything. If you don’t need 128 gigabytes of storage, the 32-GB model is just $250.
- Apple Watch Series 5 for $299 ($100 off): WIRED senior writer Lauren Goode calls this the best smartwatch on the market (8/10, WIRED Recommends). It’s got an always-on display, and it’s one of the best fitness trackers for most people.
- Beats Powerbeats Pro for $200 ($50 off): The Powerbeats Pro are some of the best workout headphones around. They get excellent battery life and are extremely easy to use with iOS devices because of Apple-made internals. They also work with Android phones, but there are cheaper options if you’re not on iOS. Check out our Best Workout Headphones guide.
- Apple MacBook Air (2020, Core i3) for $899 ($100 off): This is the cheapest of the new MacBook lineup from Apple that you can get. It should be powerful enough for most simple tasks, if most of what you do revolves around a browser, and the improved Magic Keyboard means no more keyboard woes.
- Amazon Echo Dot With Clock for $35 ($25 off): This little smart speaker is a bit more useful than others because of its front-facing clock, allowing it to replace your bedside alarm clock too (or for setting timers in the kitchen). Check out our other favorite smart speakers for other options.
- Amazon Echo for $70 ($30 off): The standard Amazon Echo is a shockingly great-sounding speaker for the money, and it’s easily one of our favorite Alexa-powered devices. At $70? It’s a no brainer.
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite for $100 ($30 off): You’ve probably got more time than usual to read this summer. The Kindle Paperwhite is one of our favorite models, because the waterproof ebook reader lets you safely bask in the bathtub or pool. Do note that we’re expecting a refresh of the Paperwhite this year, but it’s unclear exactly when that will happen.
- Amazon Kindle for $65 ($25 off): This is the best Kindle for anyone who doesn’t need the waterproofing features offered by the Paperwhite. They’re so similar, WIRED senior writer Adrienne So could hardly tell the difference (8/10, WIRED Recommends).
Other Tech Deals
social experiment by Livio Acerbo #greengroundit #wired https://www.wired.com/story/weekend-deals-june-20-2020